First, before I reveal the conversation, a little bit about this character we will call "B". He's a student at the preschool, and almost everything he says is in the most excited voice he can muster... which I think he has copied from the adults who talk to him that way. Or maybe television. I don't know. Sometimes he can be a cheeky fellow, often refusing to do something we ask of him, but he does it with such a happy, positive look on his face that we don't always realize he's being naughty. Anyway, he's the kind of kid that runs full speed with his arms wide open to greet the teacher when she walks in the door.
During this conversation, we were walking from the bus to the preschool, on a clear, sunny day -
B: [Pointing to the sky] Oh, LOOK! An airplane!
Me: [Look up and see the airplane] It's going pretty fast. Where do you think it's going?
B: [Makes little excited fists out of his hands and throws them down to his side as if he couldn't contain his excitement] TO THE TEMPLE!
Right on the money, B.
No comments:
Post a Comment