25 March 2013

karma

 The mark of a real friend is when they tell you that you have something on your face. One time, in high school, I was driving with my friend to a party. I looked over and realized my friend had something on her face, kind of by her mouth. It looked like ketchup so I alerted her - "Hey you have ketchup on your face." She replied "It's not ketchup...." It was a pimple. It was embarrassing for her and kind of funny to me, but I apologized anyway because it seemed like something she was concerned about.

Fast forward eight years. A male member of my ward comes up to me at FHE and informs me that I have an eyelash on my face and insists to take it off himself so that I can make a wish instead of wipe away my chances of a happily ever after. He keeps grabbing/wiping at my face to the point where it's becoming awkward because he is frustrated he can't get the eyelash. And finally he just kind of... pauses... and looks at my face for a split second and gives up and sort of just walks away.

At that point I realize he was grabbing in the area around my laugh lines which is where I tend to get "whiskers". Now.... I don't know for sure if there was an eyelash or not.... maybe he brushed it away and it fell off my face before he could catch it. But I'm pretty sure there was just an awkward whisker growing out of my face and it just so happened that it caught the right beam of light that blinded him in his eye. Which was embarrassing for me at first, because it's not really socially acceptable for women to have a lot of peach fuzz (even though MANY DO). However, I have LOL'ed several times while writing this account and thinking of the look on his face when he realized I won't be getting my wish of a face without womanly facial hair.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha. Oh how I love this post. And witnessed an awkward you-have-something-on-your-face moment just yesterday at work between my two coworkers. What one person thought was a white lint-fuzz turned out to be, well, the dreaded whitehead.

Oh how fun life can be. :)

Stacie said...

haha, whiteheads have no mercy.