07 May 2012

highlight reel

Some highlights of the day:

- There is a big window in my dining room that looks out to the elementary school yard. As I was sitting at my table, fiddling on my laptop and looking out said window, I saw two kids having a dance-off at recess. They were probably 8 years old. Maybe 9. Maybe. At first I thought it was legit fo sho. Fo shizzle. One kid did his little dance move, and then got up in his opponent's face and threw his hands up to the sides and cocked his head a bit in simultaneous jerking motions. I could just hear him saying, "Wut! Wut up now thug?! Let's see it. Let's do this!" in his prepubescent voice. Then his opponent tried to do a dance move where you start from your back and flip up to your feet like it ain't no one's buizness. It was amusing. Because he couldn't do it. In any case, turns out they were classmates. And friends. And they probably watched a movie like Stomp the Yard or Step Up together. 

- Have you ever moved into a new ward and seen someone you knew you had met or seen before? It happens to me all the time. Usually I can figure it out within 10 minutes. Half an hour, tops. Well, when I moved into my ward in January, I met someone, who happens to be my home teacher, who I had definitely seen before. We compared our past classes, our majors, any events we frequented. Close, but nothing. I just. couldn't. figure it out.

Until tonight.

We were talking at FHE and someone walked by and commented on his shirt. I obviously hadn't noticed it for some reason. It said CHEAPSTER and ZIONS BANK.... You see, Zions Bank did a little reality series where several contestants essentially competed to prove who was the best at being cheap, to win $10,000. I watched over half of it. My home teacher was one of the contestants in the beginning. Meet Brent. He's a pretty funny guy. When I figured it out, I clutched my head and screamed "That's how I know you!!!" And then doubled over in laughter.

1 comment:

Savannah Jackson said...

cutes. kids, man, always be making me laugh.