During an interview for a position in a "call center":
Me: What are the demographics of the employees? Are they students, post-grads, professionals?
Interviewer (girl around my age): All of the above. Now that I think about it, it's funny that you were a History major because we have a lot of post-grads who've studied Sociology, Psychology, just a lot of social science majors like yours.
Me: ....
I know she was just trying to be friendly and help me relate to the work environment... but really, my thoughts were: "Thank you for pointing out that our college careers studying the complexity of human society have been a waste of money. I doubt that any of us planned to end up here."
But, I guess, the fault is mine. I've never really had a solid plan.
2 comments:
i love this. so glad i just re-discovered your blog.
:)
Post a Comment