![]() |
08 October 2010
inception
Record time, baby! Woke up at 7:35 A.M. Realized I really shouldn't miss my 8 A.M. class. Waited 'til 7:36 A.M. to get out of bed and nestled into my left-handed desk 10 seconds before the bell rang. Perfect. Well, not really perfect. But I looked decent for taking only 14 minutes to get ready. Fourteen minutes. And that's why it was a record time. Even though I'm proud of this, I would probably much rather get out of bed early and look better than decent so when I cross paths with that nice young Fijian man again on campus, I will be able to say "Bula! va cava?" without worrying about my disheveled hair or the possible lack of left-handed desks when I arrive to class.
I think I struggled to get out of bed this morning because of a peculiar dream in which I was immersed. My friends from Fiji, and I, were seated around a table. One of them was convincing everyone to make a contribution to purchase a team pony. At first I was on board. I mean I had always wanted a horse my whole life, but then I realized we were buying a pony not a horse. And I was very concerned this pony would not be able to sufficiently hold some of my team members. Everyone was writing out their checks for $480 USD and while I was hesitating... and hesitating... I didn't really have the money to spend on a defective pony.... I woke up. Do I think my friend was trying to use inception to procure a pony? Yes. Did he succeed? Not a chance. Nice try buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really enjoyed this post. It really made me smile.
Post a Comment