01 June 2010

grand opening numero dos!

Yes, yes I know, I already had a grand opening for this blog. But I'm having another grand opening because I'm converting this blog into my blog for Fiji. That's right. I'm going to Fiji to do some humanitarian work. You can congratulate me on how cool I am later. (just kidding, kind of) I'm leaving the second week of June, so starting then, expect nothing but FIJI FIJI FIJI all the time. I knew it was what you wanted.

To give you a taste of all things pertaining to my new Fiji blog, here's a starter post to whet your curiosity:

Procrastination is the best time, the only time

To do list:
too overwhelming to state here

On the bright side, I do have some things done. I'm vaccinated from Typhoid. And almost vaccinated for Hep A and B. FOR LIFE! I need one more shot before I go and another shot when I get back. But after that, I'll be Hep A and B free FOR LIFE! It's a good feeling.

I also have my passport. The man at the post office taking my picture told me to look pleasant. My first try apparently wasn't good enough for him. It looked something like this:



Fortunately, he let me try again and I pulled off a pleasant expression without showing my teeth. (Showing your teeth is a no no.)
Speaking of passports, I recommend this video. It can be a little inaccurate with regards to smiling in your passport picture. But it's uplifting. So don't worry 'bout it.

No comments: