Boyce Avenue came to town and requested I come to their show... that's what it felt like since they insisted on playing a song that I used to listen to when I was a kid:
There was a period in my young life when I was a huge fan of Tracy Chapman. I was probably like... 10? 12 maybe? And more specifically, I was a huge fan of this song:
I would put this song on repeat and try to belt it out like Tracy. It didn't always work out too well. Why this song? No idea - I don't think I fully understood the song. But it had fervor. It had wisdom. Tracy had something to say and my little soul was compelled to listen.
So here's to my mom for introducing me to Tracy Chapman.
Here's to Tracy Chapman and her dreads.
And here's to Alejandro in Boyce Avenue for knowing just what I wanted to hear.
1 comment:
Did you ever tell me you liked Tracy? I must have been out during your singing sessions! You are awesome. :) Totally enjoyed these posts, it got me off my sheepskin and to the computer to post.
Post a Comment