I believe my voice mail on my cell phone says "This is Stacie. I'm not available right now so please leave a message." Generic, simple, and to the point. I've had that same message for callers since Spring 2006. Yet... I get a message like this today:
"Hey MARIAH [emphasis added], uh, this is Dominic."
This obviously isn't the whole message, but just from this little excerpt, I've made a few observations I would like to share with you.
Number 1. Pretty cool names calling from a 208 area code!
Number 2. I've confirmed with my excellent memory and a trusted source who has heard my voice mail several times, that my message clearly says "Stacie". I even silently said "Mah-ry-yah" and "Stay-see" to make sure I was being rational in thinking they didn't sound similar at all.
In any case, Dominic, who probably looks something like this:
Was a little worried about Mariah, who probably looks something like this:
And I didn't want him to think something bad happened because she didn't return the call. So I called the number and let him know he got the wrong Mariah.


No comments:
Post a Comment