19 February 2011

new love

I had been losing faith in television.  Really I started losing faith years ago when I began to recognize a pattern.  Don't you get so upset when one of your new favorite tv shows turns raunchy?  Like... excessively raunchy?  Well I should have expected it.  It's my fault really for trying to think that television has changed.  Sure the next episodes might not stoop to such levels, but the producers will keep sneaking in the dirty ones.  I love television and how smart it can be, how funny it can be, how compelling it can be. But I hate television and how degrading it can be.

That being said I was introduced to a show that gave me hope.  Of course I've heard of this show before, but I don't think I had ever seen a single, full episode before this weekend.  And I kind of fell in love all over again.  I mean, the Huxtables have it all.  Quick wit mixed with the physical humor, atrociously hilarious outfits, and family values just kept me begging for more.   Don't worry though.  I have a feeling that it won't let me down.  I just need to find a way to be able to watch it whenever I want.

With no need for introduction, and without further adieu, here's a preview of one of the episodes I saw recently:



Brilliant.

2 comments:

Mego said...

oh man, that has forever been my favorite episode of all time. Seriously. "BAABAAY!" "BAABAAYY!" Thanks for posting this it made my night ;)

Savannah Jackson said...

I'm so glad you picked this clip!!! perhaps the best cosby show moment we've seen so far. rudy, you go girl!!