I saw this middle-aged lady through a glass door facing in the opposite direction with her arms folded, like she was waiting for someone to come pick her up in a car. Nothing out of the ordinary. And then as I walked through the door and turned to pick up a newspaper, she turned around, looked straight at me with her arms still folded and asked me a question with a smile on her face. And then she waited for a response... I kind of stood there for a second. [Number 1. Her question didn't make any sense. Number 2. Why was she so excited?] By this time in my thought process she was now leaning up against a wall still looking at me... so I replied with a "....what?" She kept smiling. I kept expectantly looking at her. [What do you want lady? I would love to talk if you would just be a normal person and talk back.] And then she raised her right hand which had a phone in it and shook it as if to say "duh". She wasn't talking to me. The phone was connected to earphones which were nicely hidden beneath her shaggy brown hair. And then she looked away and chuckled to the stranger on her phone. I felt dumb and said, "Oh. Sorry." And then I walked away.
She was the one that should have felt dumb. Her headphones were no where in sight and her phone was tucked nicely away in her folded arms and then I was expected to scoot along once her little act was revealed. How dare she shake her phone at me.
1 comment:
Don't feel dumb, it happens to all of us, and then you learn to ignore comments from strange people wearing silly grins. Because of this, we become less caring individuals, I ignore everyone.
Post a Comment