29 October 2010

I took a shower today

I turned around from filling up my water bottle at the fountain and he was smiling at me.  The geeky intellectual type - with curly brown hair and glasses, a bit over sized polo shirt.  I've experienced a lot of staring in my life time.  And I've come to the conclusion that it's because I stare first.  But he started it.  And then he said something to me.  "What?" I said... because he mumbled it.  And then, "You are looking very lovely today."  To which I replied, "Thank you so much."  I'm not sure if that's a by-the-book response for this type of situation.  But I thought it was better than just standing there staring back.

Some people might label his comment as creepy.  Yeah, maybe a bit if we were in a dark alley or something.  But really, I think it was very gentlemanly, and brave.  I mean, he had to say it pretty loud the second time, because I couldn't hear him the first time.  And he had to say it with at least two other boys witnessing the conversation.  And he didn't try and prolong the conversation to get my number or anything.  Just a nice person, saying something nice.  Thanks, man.

No comments: