06 September 2010

whistling in the dark*

Do not worry, folks.   Whistling is back in style.  It is in every morning walk to work, every hot shower, every good joke gone bad, and especially in every great song.  Let us be honest though, whistling never really went out of style since The Andy Griffith Show first aired in 1960, introducing America to one of the most memorable theme songs of all time.  So to celebrate whistling's long-standing success in our society, I hereby introduce to you two songs that possess a whistle that will make your heart soar.  I first heard these songs in Fiji further cementing Fiji as my first love. 


5 Years Time - Noah and the Whale


Home - Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros

*1000 points to anyone who knows who sings the song "Whistling in the Dark" which is featured in the post's title.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They Might be Giants?

Briana said...

I think you're right...Good songs Stacie

Stacie said...

Thanks. :) 1000 points to mom by the way.