Bula bula bula. Here a few things I've discovered in my first week in Fiji:
- Nutella. Pretty much the best thing since chocolate. It makes everything taste better and not bland.
- I'm white. I kind of knew this already. But I lived in a predominantly white community before I moved to Fiji. I found out I was white when everyone on the streets stares at me for more than five seconds or constantly smiles at me. There aren't a lot of white people in Tavua. In fact, there aren't really any. Except for us. So the other day when I saw two white people walking down the road who weren't a part of our group I was shocked and I thought "What are those white people doing here?"
- Fijians love Justin Beiber. To my dismay. Well I don't know if they love him. But he's on the radio all the time. And they're always singing his song "Baby". I'm kind of starting to like him a bit which is a constant struggle for me to accept.
moce. (means goodbye. pronounced mo-they)
3 comments:
You're just now finding out about Nutella? I failed you somehow.
Welcome to living as a zoo animal for the next 2 months, Stac. Just smile back, smile back...
I miss you already. Keep those updates coming!
Post a Comment